Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Capabilities & Building a Sustainable Competitive Advantage in Mobile Phone Operators in Jordan
- Mohammed Alshura
Purpose -This study is trying to investigate the effect of customer relationship management (CRM (capabilities on building a sustainablecompetitive advantage in the mobile phone operators in Jordan. It is intended to develop a valid measurement model of (CRM) capabilities, and to explore the key factors of CRM that lead to a competitive edge.
Design/methodology/approach – Questionnaire survey was used to gather data. In order to develop a reliable and valid measurement model of CRM capabilities, questionnaire survey were conducted and hypotheses were tested by utilizing the technique of multiple regression analysis in addition to reliability and multicollinearity tests.
Findings – A three-capabilities (customer interaction management, customer relationship upgrading, and customer win-back) measurement model of CRM is developed and tested. Furthermore, results support the hypothesized influences of these three capabilities influence on firms' building a sustainable competitive advantage.
Practical implications – This study provides a useful measurement mode of CRM capabilities that managers can use to evaluate the status in quo of CRM of their firms. Managers may also improve their CRM programs more effectively and efficiently by deploying such strategic resources of firms to build a sustainable competitive advantage.Originality/value – The paper addresses significant gaps in the current literature by taking a capability view of CRM, developing a valid measurement model of CRM capabilities, and examining how possession of important CRM resources influences the effective deployment of CRM capabilities.
- Academic Journals Database
- AIDEA list (Italian Academy of Business Administration)
- ANVUR (Italian National Agency for the Evaluation of Universities and Research Institutes)
- Electronic Journals Library
- Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek (EZB)
- EuroPub Database
- Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
- Genamics JournalSeek
- GETIT@YALE (Yale University Library)
- IBZ Online
- Library and Archives Canada
- National Library of Australia
- Norwegian Centre for Research Data (NSD)
- Open J-Gate
- OskiCat (UCB Library)
- PKP Open Archives Harvester
- Standard Periodical Directory
- StarPlus (UoS Library)
- UCR Library
- Universe Digital Library
- ZBW-German National Library of Economics
- Stephen LeeEditorial Assistant