The Impact of Cultural Intelligence on Employee Job Performance: An Empirical Study on King Abdel-Aziz Hospital in Al-Taif Governorate, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Wageeh Nafei
This research explores the impact of Cultural Intelligence (CQ) on Employee Job Performance (EJP). One of the
intercultural effectiveness outcomes of CQ is task performance. CQ is an important factor in effective
performance and interaction among various industries and environments. In other words, CQ is an important
attribute for EJP because employees with high levels of CQ achieve high performance levels.
This study was conducted at King Abdel-Aziz Hospital in Al-Taif Governorate (one of the most popular
hospitals in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia). This research is categorized in survey-type studies and is an applied
form in terms of its goals. It is descriptive in terms of the method of data collection.
The present study investigates the evaluative attitudes of the employees towards CQ and EJP. This study will
also delineate the impact of CQ on EJP. Two groups of employees at the hospital were examined. Out of the 300
questionnaires that were distributed, 280 usable questionnaires were returned, a response rate of 93%. The
finding reveals that there are differences among the two groups of employees regarding their evaluative attitudes
towards CQ and EJP. Also, this study reveals that the aspects of CQ have a significantly direct effect on EJP.
Accordingly, the study produced a set of recommendations including the necessity to pay more attention to the
CQ as one of the key managerial competencies needed for dealing effectively with people from different cultural
backgrounds on the one hand, and to raise the level of EJP on the other hand.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.
- Academic Journals Database
- AIDEA list (Italian Academy of Business Administration)
- ANVUR (Italian National Agency for the Evaluation of Universities and Research Institutes)
- Electronic Journals Library
- Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek (EZB)
- EuroPub Database
- Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
- Genamics JournalSeek
- GETIT@YALE (Yale University Library)
- IBZ Online
- Library and Archives Canada
- National Library of Australia
- Norwegian Centre for Research Data (NSD)
- Open J-Gate
- OskiCat (UCB Library)
- PKP Open Archives Harvester
- Standard Periodical Directory
- StarPlus (UoS Library)
- UCR Library
- Universe Digital Library
- ZBW-German National Library of Economics
- Stephen LeeEditorial Assistant