An Empirical Study of the Impact of Branding on Consumer Choice for Regulated Bottled Water in Southeast, Nigeria
- Ogbuji, Chinedu N.
- Anyanwu, Aham V.
- Onah, Julius O.
AbstractBranding is one of the most intriguing marketing strategies used for the purpose of winning or over coming
competition; its efficacy is not in doubt. This research work is therefore an investigation into the impact of
branding on consumer choice for bottled water, with special focus on the contributory roles of its various
elements in impacting consumer behavior. It was discovered among other things, that of all the elements of
branding, company-of-make and packaging play a greater role than brand name and brand mark, in terms of
influencing consumer choice for bottled water. It was against this backdrop that this research work proposed two
models namely; Review of Consumer Buying Behavior Process 1 and 2. It equally recommended among other
things that firms should focus more attention on the company name and packaging but should also integrate
brand name and brand mark as supportive elements in fashioning an effective branding strategy for beating
competition. More emphasis should equally be laid on institutional rather than brand advertising.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.
- Academic Journals Database
- AIDEA list (Italian Academy of Business Administration)
- ANVUR (Italian National Agency for the Evaluation of Universities and Research Institutes)
- Electronic Journals Library
- Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek (EZB)
- EuroPub Database
- Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
- Genamics JournalSeek
- GETIT@YALE (Yale University Library)
- IBZ Online
- Library and Archives Canada
- National Library of Australia
- Norwegian Centre for Research Data (NSD)
- Open J-Gate
- OskiCat (UCB Library)
- PKP Open Archives Harvester
- Standard Periodical Directory
- StarPlus (UoS Library)
- UCR Library
- Universe Digital Library
- ZBW-German National Library of Economics
- Stephen LeeEditorial Assistant