Analysis the Determinants of Market Stock Price Movements: An Empirical Study of Jordanian Commercial Banks
- Faris Nasif AL- Shubiri
AbstractFinancial firms make up a substantial fraction of the domestic equity market. A number of studies subsequently
used different conceptual and methodological approaches to model equity return of financial services firms.
Movement of the stock price as the consequence of the movement of the micro and macroeconomic factors is
strongly supported by the literature review. Amman Stock Exchange in Jordan is inefficient in weak form.
The sample of study includes the 14 commercial banks of Amman Stock Exchange for the period 2005 -2008.
Simple and multiple regression analysis is conducted to find out the relationship microeconomic factors with the
stock price and found highly positive significant relationship between market price of stock and net asset value
per share; market price of stock dividend percentage, gross domestic product, and negative significant
relationship on inflation and lending interest rate but not always significant on some years of Amman Stock
Exchange in Jordan.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.
- Academic Journals Database
- AIDEA list (Italian Academy of Business Administration)
- ANVUR (Italian National Agency for the Evaluation of Universities and Research Institutes)
- Berkeley Library
- CNKI Scholar
- Electronic Journals Library
- Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek (EZB)
- EuroPub Database
- Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
- Genamics JournalSeek
- GETIT@YALE (Yale University Library)
- IBZ Online
- Library and Archives Canada
- National Library of Australia
- Norwegian Centre for Research Data (NSD)
- PKP Open Archives Harvester
- Standard Periodical Directory
- Universe Digital Library
- UoS Library
- ZBW-German National Library of Economics
- Stephen LeeEditorial Assistant