The Impact of Internal Audit Committees’ Practices on Enhancing the Independence of Internal Auditors in Jordanian Commercial Banks
- Khalil Abu Saleem
Purpose: This study aim to explain the impact of the audit committees' practices on enhancing the independence of internal auditors in Jordanian commercial banks from the perspective of external auditors.
Design / methodology / approach: The statistical descriptive approach was used, the data were collected through a questionnaire designed by the researcher, which targeted the external auditors of (90) individuals. The study included four axes, three of which were allocated to measure the internal audit committees' responsibilities, functions and powers, while the fourth axis was devoted to measuring the independence of the internal auditing bodies.
Results: The study found that there is a statistically significant relationship to the internal audit committees' practices in enhancing the independence of the internal auditing bodies; also the role of the audit committees has been the main impact in enhancing this independence.
Recommendations: the study recommends enacting and modifying laws to enhance the independence of the audit committees to supervise all matters related to internal auditors.Originality / Value: According to the researcher, this study is one of the first studies that dealt with the practices of the audit committees combined, therefore it is useful for researchers that motivating them to conduct further research on the practices of audit committees in other economic sectors.
- Academic Journals Database
- AIDEA list (Italian Academy of Business Administration)
- ANVUR (Italian National Agency for the Evaluation of Universities and Research Institutes)
- Electronic Journals Library
- Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek (EZB)
- EuroPub Database
- Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
- Genamics JournalSeek
- GETIT@YALE (Yale University Library)
- IBZ Online
- Library and Archives Canada
- National Library of Australia
- Norwegian Centre for Research Data (NSD)
- Open J-Gate
- OskiCat (UCB Library)
- PKP Open Archives Harvester
- Standard Periodical Directory
- StarPlus (UoS Library)
- UCR Library
- Universe Digital Library
- ZBW-German National Library of Economics
- Stephen LeeEditorial Assistant