Path towards Business Excellence the Mauritian Experience
- Rishi Domun
Purpose: This paper highlights the preliminary findings of a doctoral research being carried out on the business excellence model used in Mauritius during the past six years. The paper brings out important analysis of unique and original data so much cherished by researchers. It is also a stepping stone for both custodians to improve the organization of business excellence awards and for enterprises to improve areas of business through the adoption of a proper business model.
Design/methodology/approach: The paper adopts a mixed method. First, the unique primary data available for six years on participants of the competition is examined quantitatively. Then qualitative content analysis technique is used to probe into the lessons learned from such an essential exercise.
Findings: Some important findings emerged from the analysis of the original data and the lessons learned in the organization of the MBEA competition.
Practical implications: This study will help the four stakeholders, namely, custodians, government institutions, support institutions and enterprises in any country to implement a BE framework with the organization of an Award competition.
Originality/value: The data is original and genuine. It helps to better understand and organize a BE programme in a country. It is the first in Mauritius to address such an issue.
- Full Text: PDF
Google-based Impact Factor (2023): 0.81
- Academic Journals Database
- AIDEA list (Italian Academy of Business Administration)
- ANVUR (Italian National Agency for the Evaluation of Universities and Research Institutes)
- Berkeley Library
- CNKI Scholar
- Electronic Journals Library
- Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek (EZB)
- EuroPub Database
- Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
- Genamics JournalSeek
- GETIT@YALE (Yale University Library)
- IBZ Online
- Library and Archives Canada
- National Library of Australia
- Norwegian Centre for Research Data (NSD)
- PKP Open Archives Harvester
- Standard Periodical Directory
- Universe Digital Library
- UoS Library
- ZBW-German National Library of Economics
- Stephen LeeEditorial Assistant