Investigating the Leadership Style Effect on the Technology Transfer Effectiveness: A Proposed New Model (An Applied Study on the Dairy Manufacturing Sector in Egypt)
- Amal Farouk Soliman
Purpose: Different leadership styles' effects on technology transfer effectiveness have not been implied in the literature. This study seeks to theoretically investigate the effect of five leadership styles; Classified according to personal authority of the leader; On technology transfer effectiveness.
Design/methodology/approach: This study identifies five leadership styles which affect technology transfer effectiveness including transformational leadership, transactional leadership, visionary leadership, charismatic leadership and culture based leadership. This study associates these five leadership styles to technology transfer effectiveness. A conceptual model is tested using a survey data collected from a sample of manufacturing plants in the dairy manufacturing sector in Egypt.
Findings: The results indicate that only four leadership styles significantly affect technology transfer effectiveness. Visionary leadership style has the strongest significant effect on technology transfer effectiveness, followed by culture based leadership style, then charismatic leadership style then transactional leadership. Transformational leadership does not significantly affect technology transfer effectiveness.
Research Limitation/Implications: Transformational leadership has been observed to have no significant effect on technology transfer effectiveness. A set of refined transformational leadership measures should be developed in future studies.
Practical Implications: This paper identifies the importance of leadership styles in achieving the success of technology transfer.
Originality/value: This study provides a theoretical foundation for the effect of the leadership styles on technology transfer effectiveness in the dairy manufacturing plants. This study is one of the first efforts that empirically examine the effect of leadership styles on technology transfer effectiveness.
- Academic Journals Database
- AIDEA list (Italian Academy of Business Administration)
- ANVUR (Italian National Agency for the Evaluation of Universities and Research Institutes)
- Electronic Journals Library
- Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek (EZB)
- EuroPub Database
- Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
- Genamics JournalSeek
- GETIT@YALE (Yale University Library)
- IBZ Online
- Library and Archives Canada
- National Library of Australia
- Norwegian Centre for Research Data (NSD)
- Open J-Gate
- OskiCat (UCB Library)
- PKP Open Archives Harvester
- Standard Periodical Directory
- StarPlus (UoS Library)
- UCR Library
- Universe Digital Library
- ZBW-German National Library of Economics
- Stephen LeeEditorial Assistant