The Role of Organizational Agility in Enhancing Organizational Excellence: A Study on Telecommunications Sector in Egypt
- Nafei Wageeh
Purpose: The purpose of this research is to identify the types of OA (sensing agility, decision-making agility and acting agility) and its role in promoting OE at the Telecommunication sector in Egypt.
Research Design/Methodology: To assess positive OA, refer to (OA questionnaire, Jaworski and Kohli 1993) and OE (OE survey Kandula, 2002; Hesseblin & Gohanston, 2002). The data of the study was collected from the employees at Telecommunication sector in Egypt. Out of the 290 questionnaires that were distributed to employees, 250 usable questionnaires were returned, a response rate of 86%. Multiple Regression Analysis (MRA) was used to confirm the research hypotheses.
Findings: OA factors have an impact on OE is investigated. In other words, sensing agility, decision-making agility and acting agility significantly correlated with OE. The study findings support the view that OA and OE are related constructs. In other words, the research has found that the study subjects do agree that OA directly affects the dimensions of OE at Telecommunication sector in Egypt.
Practical implications: The study suggests that the Telecommunication sector in Egypt can improve OE by influencing its OA, specifically, by developing sensing agility, decision-making agility and acting agility. The study provided that it is necessary to pay more attention to the dimensions of OA as a key source for organizations to enhance the competitive advantage which is of prime significance for OE.Originality/value: The study observes that there is a critical shortage of OA and that a greater understanding of the factors that influence the OE is needed. Therefore, this study examines the relationship between OA and OE at Telecommunication sector in Egypt. This research dealt with OA in terms of its concept and dimensions, in addition to dealing with the role of OA in promoting OE at Telecommunication sector in Egypt.
- Academic Journals Database
- AIDEA list (Italian Academy of Business Administration)
- ANVUR (Italian National Agency for the Evaluation of Universities and Research Institutes)
- Electronic Journals Library
- Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek (EZB)
- EuroPub Database
- Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
- Genamics JournalSeek
- GETIT@YALE (Yale University Library)
- IBZ Online
- Library and Archives Canada
- National Library of Australia
- Norwegian Centre for Research Data (NSD)
- Open J-Gate
- OskiCat (UCB Library)
- PKP Open Archives Harvester
- Standard Periodical Directory
- StarPlus (UoS Library)
- UCR Library
- Universe Digital Library
- ZBW-German National Library of Economics
- Stephen LeeEditorial Assistant