The Effect of Website Performance and Online Retailer Status on Consumer Purchase Intention: A Mediator Role of Buyer Perception
- Nan Jiang
- Mohd Muttaqin Bin Mohd Adnan
- Manmeet Kaur Manmeet Kaur
- Xue Ying Yang
Purpose: The purpose of this research is to examine the effect of website performance and online seller status on consumer purchase intention. This study also aims to assess the mediation effect of buyer perception on the relationship between website performance and consumer purchase intention in the context of Internet shopping.
Design/Methodology/Approach: This study proposed a conceptual framework and collected a total of 255 samples in the Mainland China to test research hypothesis and investigate the relationship among different predictors. Both measurement model and construct model were established and evaluated using AMOS 21.
Findings: Results present that website performance and online seller status significantly affect consumer purchase intention. Buyers’ perception partially mediates the relationship between the website performance and consumer purchase intention. The effect of website performance on purchase intention is greater than the effect of other constructs. There is a reciprocal relation between seller status and website performance.
Implication: Website managers should further enhance website quality, customer service, and well acknowledge consumers about the good performance of their website. Online vendors should devote to strengthen their online status. A partial influencing effect impacts on the relation between website performance and consumer purchase intention, thus the buyers’ perception should not be considered as a ‘standalone’ concept.Originality/Value: This study proposed a conceptual model to predict consumer purchase intention in the context of C2C E-Commerce. The primary value lies in a better understanding of consumer behavior and detailed examination of the critical determinants.
- Academic Journals Database
- AIDEA list (Italian Academy of Business Administration)
- ANVUR (Italian National Agency for the Evaluation of Universities and Research Institutes)
- Electronic Journals Library
- Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek (EZB)
- EuroPub Database
- Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
- Genamics JournalSeek
- GETIT@YALE (Yale University Library)
- IBZ Online
- Library and Archives Canada
- National Library of Australia
- Norwegian Centre for Research Data (NSD)
- Open J-Gate
- OskiCat (UCB Library)
- PKP Open Archives Harvester
- Standard Periodical Directory
- StarPlus (UoS Library)
- UCR Library
- Universe Digital Library
- ZBW-German National Library of Economics
- Stephen LeeEditorial Assistant