Prospects for the Application of Strategic Foresight in the Tunisian Context: The Case of Industrial Companies
- Wided Ben Said
- Slaheddine Hellara
If foresight aims at providing information and analyses which will allow better considering the uncertainties andthe turbulences of the environment; strategic foresight would be a management tool which controls the necessityof ensuring the serious attempts of investigating the future before making decisions. The survival of theorganization, its development and its evolution depends on this exploration.
Through this research, we have tried to describe the practice of strategic foresight by the Tunisian companiesand consequently their capacity to adopt such approach.
More specifically, through an administered questionnaire with 39 industrial companies, we have tried to explainthe factors allowing a better understanding of the mechanisms determining the companies' commitment in thefield of strategic foresight.
The empirical results have shown that the adoption of strategic foresight by companies which would be reducedto the adoption of a preactive and a proactive attitude towards changes, would be the answer to the limitations ofthe classical methods of planning which the manager resorts to in his daily management, would require theimplication of the various concerned actors, and finally, would be most of all interested in large companies.However, foresight tools do not seem to affect the companies' adoption of strategic foresight.
Thereby, for the Tunisian managers, strategic foresight is essentially perceived as a state of mind, an attitudefacing the complexity of the problems they are confronting.
- Academic Journals Database
- AIDEA list (Italian Academy of Business Administration)
- ANVUR (Italian National Agency for the Evaluation of Universities and Research Institutes)
- Berkeley Library
- CNKI Scholar
- Electronic Journals Library
- Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek (EZB)
- EuroPub Database
- Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
- Genamics JournalSeek
- GETIT@YALE (Yale University Library)
- IBZ Online
- Library and Archives Canada
- National Library of Australia
- Norwegian Centre for Research Data (NSD)
- PKP Open Archives Harvester
- Standard Periodical Directory
- Universe Digital Library
- UoS Library
- ZBW-German National Library of Economics
- Stephen LeeEditorial Assistant