Purchase of Consumer Behavior in the Event of Natural Disasters, Shows New Cultural Values?
- Giulia Netti
Specifically, this article is a pre-test to understand if a population considered individualistic, such as the Italian population, in the study carried out by Hofstede, in particular cases resulting from a shock, in other words from the advent of a natural disaster, highlight cultural values that were previously unidentifiable.
A statistical analysis was conducted, through the administration of a questionnaire, via the web thanks to the use of social media such as facebook and whatsapp.
The results of this pre-test that registered a number of 263 replies to the questionnaire, shows that the Italian population in the event of a natural disaster, shows a high cultural value, understood as a strong propensity to social and economic aid, identifying values collectivistic and no longer individualistic.
However, this research work has many limitations that can be overcome through a more in-depth and complete analysis.
- Academic Journals Database
- AIDEA list (Italian Academy of Business Administration)
- ANVUR (Italian National Agency for the Evaluation of Universities and Research Institutes)
- Electronic Journals Library
- Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek (EZB)
- EuroPub Database
- Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
- Genamics JournalSeek
- GETIT@YALE (Yale University Library)
- IBZ Online
- Library and Archives Canada
- National Library of Australia
- Norwegian Centre for Research Data (NSD)
- Open J-Gate
- OskiCat (UCB Library)
- PKP Open Archives Harvester
- Standard Periodical Directory
- StarPlus (UoS Library)
- UCR Library
- Universe Digital Library
- ZBW-German National Library of Economics
- Stephen LeeEditorial Assistant