Stakeholder Capacity Building in Monitoring and Evaluation and Performance of Literacy and Numeracy Educational Programme in Public Primary Schools in Nairobi County, Kenya


  •  Stella Silas Karimi    
  •  Angeline Sabina Mulwa    
  •  Dorothy Ndunge Kyalo    

Abstract

To create a radical change within the educational system in public primary schools in Kenya, there is need to invest more on stakeholder capacity building specifically on monitoring and evaluation educational programme. The purpose of this article is to establish the extent to which stakeholder capacity building for monitoring and evaluation influence performance of literacy and numeracy educational programme. Despite numerous initiatives by key stakeholders to better performance of pupils little has been achieved. A descriptive survey research design and correlation design was adapted. Data collected from the respondents by use of questionnaires and interview guide from target population of 2052 and a sample size of 335.Data was analyzed using SPSS version 25 and results presented in tables and figures. Pearson moment correlation coefficient (r) were computed. The coefficient determination of R2 is 0.456 this is an indicator that R2 was the coefficient of determination of this model and it depicted that data collection explained 46%. The remaining 54% was explained by other factors. The overall F statistics 233.446 with p-0.00b<0 0.05 implying there is statistically significant relationship between stakeholder capacity building and performance of literacy and numeracy educational programme. The research suggests that stakeholder capacity building is part of the Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation process, so it must be observed at all stages to ensure educational programme are implemented to the latter by bringing on board all the key stakeholders in education and particularly in literacy and numeracy skills aspects



This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.
  • ISSN(Print): 1925-4741
  • ISSN(Online): 1925-475X
  • Started: 2011
  • Frequency: quarterly

Journal Metrics

h-index (December 2020): 38

i10-index (December 2020): 169

h5-index (December 2020): 18

h5-median(December 2020): 32

(The data was calculated based on Google Scholar Citations. Click Here to Learn More. )

Contact