Effect of Leadership Style, Motivation, and Giving Incentives on the Performance of Employees—PT. Kurnia Wijaya Various Industries

  •  Zaenal Elqadri    
  •  Priyono Priyono    
  •  Rahayu Suci    
  •  Teddy Chandra    


This study aims to identify and examine the importance of leadership style, motivation, and incentives to improve employee performance. Variables examined as factors that affect performance of employees were style of leadership (X1), motivation (X2), and the provision of incentives (X3).

The population of this study was all employees in the Sales Department MT PT. Kurnia Wijaya Various Industries, amounting to 20 people. Data collection techniques were documentation and questionnaires. This study also used multiple linear regressions to analyze the data.

It indicates that the level of the relationship between leadership style (X1), motivation (X2), and the provision of incentives (X3) on employee performance (Y) is very strong. This is because the value of the correlation coefficient is R = 0,985a is in the interval between 0.80 ̶ coefficient of 1.000. While the coefficient of determination of R2 = 0.971, indicating that the independent variable (leadership style, motivation, and incentives) can influence the dependent variable (performance of employees) at 97.1% while the remaining 2.9% is influenced by other factors not examined.

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.