The Effect of Direct Instruction Strategy on Math Achievement of Primary 4th and 5th Grade Students with Learning Difficulties
- Ahmad Abdulhameed Aufan Al-Makahleh
This study seeks to verify the effect of direct instruction strategy on Math achievment of students with learning difficulties in the fourth and fifth grade levels and measure the improvement in their attitudes to Mathematics.
Sample consisted of sixty (60) students with Math learning difficulties attending 4th and 5th grade level resource rooms recruited from six School Districts within the metropolitan Directorate of Education. Participants were randomly assigned to control (N=30) and experimental (N=30) groups. Experimental students received training on basic Math skills using the Direct Instruction Strategy, whereas the control groups students were taght traditionally.
Achievement test were built to measure basic mathematical skill among fourth and fifth grade students as a pre-test and post-test and validity and reliability coefficients were secured. To measure student attitudes to mathematics, attitudes to mathematics scale was developed and tested for validity and reliability.
The achievement test was administered as pre-test and post-test, Results from the statistical analysis indicated a perceived effect of the direct instruction strategy on basic skills achievement of fourth and fifth grade students with learning difficulties and improved their attitudes to mathematics.
To identify basic skills achievement level of fourth and fifth grade students.
h-index : 62
- Academic Journals Database
- BASE (Bielefeld Academic Search Engine)
- CNKI Scholar
- DESY Publication Database
- DTU Findit (DTU Library)
- Education Resources Information Center (ERIC)
- Educational Research Abstracts
- Electronic Journals Library
- Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek (EZB)
- Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
- Genamics JournalSeek
- GETIT@YALE (Yale University Library)
- Ghent University Library
- HOLLIS (Harvard Library)
- Infotrieve (Copyright Clearance Center)
- Jisc Library Hub Discover
- LSE Library
- Microsoft Academic
- Norwegian Centre for Research Data (NSD)
- Open J-Gate
- OskiCat (UCB Library)
- PKP Open Archives Harvester
- Polska Bibliografia Naukowa
- Southwest-German Union Catalogue
- Standard Periodical Directory
- Stanford Libraries
- StarPlus (UoS Library)
- Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB)
- The Keepers Registry
- UCR Library
- Universe Digital Library
- University Library (USask)
- Chris LeeEditorial Assistant