Analysis the Educational Factor of Graduate Students from a Bachelor’s Degree in English as a Foreign Language
- Ramirez Astrid
- Borja-Alarcon Isabel
- Ramirez Magnolia
This article seeks to raise awareness about the impact of graduate students from an undergraduate English program at a public university, from 2011 to 2015, in the geographic scope field. Once they have completed their educational process, which emphasizes on English as a foreign language as well as on the pedagogical and research fields.
The main purpose of this paper is to analyze the impact of graduate students from an English teaching program to determine the possible weakness or strengthens that let us consider some modifications in the curriculum that currently educates future teachers.
To achieve this purpose, it was necessary to establish a study of these future teachers. As a consequence, an analysis was carried out on the data collected by using interviews, applied to the population.
This study showed the high level of employability achieved by the students from the Bachelor’s degree in English, once they finished their studies. It was also observed, that there was a low occupancy in the research field, regardless of being one of the emphases of the curriculum offered by this academic program.
Despite this achievement, it is necessary to ask about the perception of employers on the graduates and their employability, as well as the effectiveness of their learning process and their level of performance in the educational field, as a global teacher.
- Academic Journals Database
- CNKI Scholar
- Education Resources Information Center (ERIC)
- Educational Research Abstracts
- Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek (EZB)
- EuroPub Database
- Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
- GETIT@YALE (Yale University Library)
- Harvard Library E-Journals
- IBZ Online
- INDEX ISLAMICUS
- Linguistics Abstracts Online
- MLA International Bibliography
- Open J-Gate
- PKP Open Archives Harvester
- Standard Periodical Directory
- Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB)
- The Keepers Registry
- Universe Digital Library
- Gavin YuEditorial Assistant