Comparison of Two Means of Two Log-Normal Distributions When Data is Singly Censored
- Abou El-Makarim A. Aboueissa
AbstractIt is common in environmental and biomedical data analysis to dealwith censored data that are log-normally distributed. This paperis concerned with the statistical analysis for comparing the meansof two independent log-normal distributions from censored datawith a single detection limit. The method of maximum likelihoodwill be used to obtain closed form estimates for populationparameters under different hypotheses. A test procedure forcomparing the means of two independent log-normal populations inthe presence of censored data is also introduced and evaluated.Asymptotic chi-square test is used in the proposed test procedure.Worked example is given illustrating the use of the methodsprovided utilizing a computer program written in the R language.A simulation study was performed to examine the power of the proposed test procedure introduced in this article.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.
- Aerospace Database
- BASE (Bielefeld Academic Search Engine)
- Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek (EZB)
- EuroPub Database
- Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
- Google Scholar
- Harvard Library
- PKP Open Archives Harvester
- Standard Periodical Directory
- Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB)
- UCR Library
- Wendy SmithEditorial Assistant