Influence of Range to Standard Deviation Ratio on Results of a Trading Rule
- S. K. Mitra
AbstractThis paper examines relationship between Range to Standard deviation ratio (R/S ratio) and the profitability of a trading rule using stock prices of Indian market. The R/S ratios are expected to detect long-term dependencies in a time series. If dependencies are found, the dependency can be used to develop strategies for profitable trades.
The larger the R/S ratio, the stronger is the trend and higher is the chance of technical trading rule giving profitable results. It was found that during the periods of high R/S ratios, a trend following trading rule could predict price movement of the series more accurately.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.
- Academic Journals Database
- BASE (Bielefeld Academic Search Engine)
- CNKI Scholar
- Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek (EZB)
- Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
- Genamics JournalSeek
- Harvard Library
- IBZ Online
- Open J-Gate
- PKP Open Archives Harvester
- Questia Online Library
- Standard Periodical Directory
- Stanford Libraries
- Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB)
- The Keepers Registry
- Universe Digital Library
- Jenny ZhangEditorial Assistant