Diastereoselective Spiroannulation of Phenolic Derivatives: Effect of Steric Hindrance on the Diastereoselectivity
- Guy Plourde
- Lyndia Susag
AbstractThis study was aimed at determining the effect, if any, that steric factors may have on the diastereoselectivity in the spiroannulation of simple phenols. A series of phenols bearing different size substituents ortho to the phenolic hydroxyl were synthesized and spiroannulated to the corresponding spiroethers in good to excellent yields (76-94%). However, the diastereoselectivity of the reaction remain mostly unchanged suggesting that stereoelectronic rather then steric factors influence the diastereoselectivity in this reaction.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.
- Academic Journals Database
- Bibliography and Index of Geology
- CAB Abstracts
- CAS (American Chemical Society)
- Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek (EZB)
- EuroPub Database
- Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
- Genamics JournalSeek
- Google Scholar
- Albert JohnEditorial Assistant