Oxidase-like Function by Apo-Transferrin towards Manganese(III) Chelates
- Takahiro Satoh
- Keita Abe
- Yuzo Nishida
AbstractWe have observed that oxidation of Mn(III) ion in several manganese chelates to a Mn(IV) state occurs in the presence of apo-transferrin, and at the same time facile up-take of manganese ion by apo-transferrin proceeds. This clearly shows that much manganese ions can be transported to the brain by transferrin under the certain conditions, which may lead to manganism. Based on these results we have prepared the new chelate to capture only the Mn(III) and Mn(IV) ions selectively, but not Mn(II) ion, and to remove these manganese ions from the solution without toxicity.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.
- Academic Journals Database
- Bibliography and Index of Geology
- CAB Abstracts
- CAS (American Chemical Society)
- Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek (EZB)
- EuroPub Database
- Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
- Genamics JournalSeek
- Google Scholar
- Albert JohnEditorial Assistant