Stereotyping of Americans in Modern International Political Jokes and Anecdotes: A New Reality or an Old Form in New Clothes?
- Oksana Romanovna Zhernovaya
AbstractThe paper deals with one of the topical issues of modern political discourse – “stereotypes”. It addresses theissue of ethnic and cultural stereotypes of Americans and the changes of these stereotypes due to economic andsocio-political events which have taken place in the world in the last few decades. It refers to the problem ofRussian reading, understanding and interpreting American stereotypes in comparison with other cultures andnationalities. As an illustration the operating experience of the phenomenon of "stereotype" in jokes and politicaljokes, the perception of the phenomenon of Americans through the prism of anecdotes, the transformation of thisphenomenon in the past few decades.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.
- Academic Journals Database
- BASE (Bielefeld Academic Search Engine)
- Berkeley Library
- CNKI Scholar
- Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek (EZB)
- Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
- Genamics JournalSeek
- GETIT@YALE (Yale University Library)
- Harvard Library
- IBZ Online
- Open J-Gate
- PKP Open Archives Harvester
- Questia Online Library
- Standard Periodical Directory
- Stanford Libraries
- Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB)
- The Keepers Registry
- Universe Digital Library
- Jenny ZhangEditorial Assistant