The Influence of Capacity Development on the Values of Good Governance

  •  Roslina Alam    


This study aims to understand the influence of human resource capacity development by using variable dimension of individual, organizational, and system development on the values of good governance at Local Government Unit/LGU (ID: Satuan Kerja Perangkat Dinas/SKPD) across Makassar City. Research data is obtained from questionnaire, literature-based study, and some direct observations referred to the objectives of the study. Data analysis uses multiple linear regressions by means of hypothesis test, i.e. Simultaneous Test and Partial Test. Total sample is 27 LGUs in Makassar which are selected from 38 units by using Proportionate Stratified Random Sampling. The finding shows that capacity building simultaneously will significantly affect the values of good governance. Partially, each of variable dimension of individual development, organizational development, and system development affect positively and significantly the values of good governance. System development variable affect dominantly with t-count by 4,290. Based on this study, the obtained Adjusted R2 value is 0.605; meaning that 60.5% variations of the values of good governance are explained by variations in this capacity building variable, and the remaining of 39.5% is explained by other variables out of this study.

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.