Learning English as a Foreign Language: Cultural Values and Strategies in the Chinese Context
- Yunbao Yang
AbstractResearch on language learning strategies is not new. Numerous books have been written on the process of learning and the efficiency of learning English. Some English learning strategies are discussed in this paper to identity how they are defined and used and how they are determined by contexts and cultures.
Culture plays an important role in language learning and this leads to various learning strategies. Learning strategies used in one culture might be different from another, but, the central points are to achieve goals and purposes in learning.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.
- Academic Journals Database
- BASE (Bielefeld Academic Search Engine)
- CNKI Scholar
- Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek (EZB)
- Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
- Genamics JournalSeek
- IBZ Online
- Open J-Gate
- PKP Open Archives Harvester
- Questia Online Library
- Standard Periodical Directory
- Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB)
- The Keepers Registry
- Universe Digital Library
- Jenny ZhangEditorial Assistant