Rural Women Farmers and Food Productivity in Nigeria: An Example from Ekiti Kwara, Nigeria
- Olawepo. R. A.
- Bola Fatulu
AbstractThis paper describes the earning activities of Rural Women Farmers in Ekiti Kwara to identify processes of food production and Agriculture within a farming season.200 farmers were examined through the use of questionnaire administration. Results were processed through the use of simple tabulations and inferential statistics. Findings revealed that that 75.5% of the respondents have access to land for farming while the remaining 24.5% not to have a land of their own ,but they are those that depend on either family lands or go on leasing from other land owners. Apart from their mothering roles, women here are contributing heavily to nutritional development, farm employment and food security. About 54.5% of the women farmers in the study area provides food for their household; topmost in their farm productions are in the area of vegetables, fruits livestock and fishery. However, income earnings from farm is generally low due to the subsistent nature of their production .The result of the stepwise multiple regression showed that about 75.69% differences in the variation of women participation is explained by three variables of supplementing income, debt servicing measure and food security respectively and appropriate recommendations are presented accordingly.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.
- Academic Journals Database
- BASE (Bielefeld Academic Search Engine)
- CNKI Scholar
- Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek (EZB)
- Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
- Genamics JournalSeek
- Harvard Library
- IBZ Online
- Open J-Gate
- PKP Open Archives Harvester
- Questia Online Library
- Standard Periodical Directory
- Stanford Libraries
- Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB)
- The Keepers Registry
- Universe Digital Library
- Jenny ZhangEditorial Assistant