Advertisements: Hi-language for Hi-tech?
- Tran Thi Thu Hien
AbstractLanguage of advertising is considered special and very much different from normal language. It is the linguistic power created in advertisements makes them an important part in our social life. This article looks at particular group of product advertised, that is hi-tech product. Through the selected advertisements, it aims at whether or not the advertisers of these ads use high language to promote their hi-end merchandises. Also, from the perspective of contrastive analysis, the paper compares these English and Vietnamese advertisements to find out if there are any similarities and differences in the language used in terms of phonological, lexical and grammatical level.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.
- Academic Journals Database
- BASE (Bielefeld Academic Search Engine)
- Berkeley Library
- CNKI Scholar
- Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek (EZB)
- Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
- Genamics JournalSeek
- GETIT@YALE (Yale University Library)
- Harvard Library
- IBZ Online
- Open J-Gate
- PKP Open Archives Harvester
- Questia Online Library
- Standard Periodical Directory
- Stanford Libraries
- Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB)
- The Keepers Registry
- Universe Digital Library
- Jenny ZhangEditorial Assistant