The Impact of Audit Committee Characteristics on the Creative Accounting Practices Reduction in Jordanian Commercial Banks
- Khalil Suleiman Abu Saleem
This study aimed at determining the impact of the characteristics of the Audit Committee (The effect of Activity of the Audit Committee, the size of the Audit Committee, and Independence of the Audit Committee) in reducing creative accounting practicesin Jordanian commercial banks.The study population is composed of all Jordanian banks listed on the Amman Stock Exchange (16), during the period from 2011 to 2017. The study sample is represented by all Jordanian commercial banks. The current study is based on panel data since the data combine one-time and cross-section data for a period of time. The data was composed of a set of indicators for 13 Jordanian commercial banks for the period from 2011 to 2017, and data have been collected from the banks' annual reports. The adoption of the study on the analysis of time-series data comes from the increase in degrees of freedom.
The results of the hypothesis test indicate that there is a significant effect of Audit Committee characteristics on the reduction of creative accounting practices in Jordanian banks at a level of significance of 0.05 except for variable (size of the Audit Committee).
- Aerospace Database
- American International Standards Institute (AISI)
- BASE (Bielefeld Academic Search Engine)
- CAB Abstracts
- Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek (EZB)
- Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
- Norwegian Centre for Research Data (NSD)
- Open J-Gate
- Polska Bibliografia Naukowa
- Standard Periodical Directory
- Universe Digital Library
- Sunny LeeEditorial Assistant