The Influence of Strategic Leadership on Building Employees’ Entrepreneurial Orientation: A Field Study at the Jordanian Public Sector
- Sahar Abu Bakir
The public sector in Jordan is confronting many problems; reports show that citizens are not contented with the number and quality of current services. Consequently; persistent initiatives to uphold the sector performance took place at all levels, relying on the inventive employees and leadership to achieve the intended improvement. So this study seeks to test the impact of strategic leadership (charismatic, visionary, change agent and servant) on building entrepreneurial orientation (proactiveness, innovativeness and risk taking) in Jordanian public sector employees.
A random sample was selected of 500 employees working at health, education, agriculture and other service governmental organizations. To obtain the required results multiple regression was calculated using (21) SPSS version.
It was found that the charismatic, change agent, servant styles positively influence employees proaciveness, with no influence on the other two entrepreneurship dimensions. While visionary style has no significant influence on all entrepreneurship dimensions. However the public sector reform is achievable, through comprehensive strategies, successful implementation, and effective continuous control. Innovative departments need to be established and financed away from bureaucratic environments.
- Academic Journals Database
- ANVUR (Italian National Agency for the Evaluation of Universities and Research Institutes)
- CNKI Scholar
- Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek (EZB)
- EuroPub Database
- Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
- Genamics JournalSeek
- Google Scholar
- Harvard Library
- IBZ Online
- Norwegian Centre for Research Data (NSD)
- PKP Open Archives Harvester
- Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB)
- The Keepers Registry
- UCR Library
- Universe Digital Library
- ZBW-German National Library of Economics
- Zeitschriften Daten Bank (ZDB)
- Kevin DuranEditorial Assistant