Quality of Work Life, Job Satisfaction, and the Facets of the Relationship between the Two Constructs
- Ramawickrama J.
- H. H. D. Opatha
- PushpaKumari D.
Quality of Work Life (QWL) and job satisfaction are critical concepts in the field of Human Resource Management (HRM). An intellectual puzzle was chosen by the researchers with regard to whether QWL and job satisfaction are the same or different, and if different, how they are differed. By using the desk research strategy a systematic attempt was made to solve the intellectual puzzle to a reasonable extent. Both constructs were found to be different and related. Four facets of the relationship between the two constructs were revealed: Job satisfaction being a dimension of QWL; job satisfaction not being a dimension of QWL; job satisfaction working as an antecedent of QWL; and finally job satisfaction being a consequence of QWL. Formulated synthesis is perceived as an original contribution to the concepts of QWL and job satisfaction.
- Academic Journals Database
- ANVUR (Italian National Agency for the Evaluation of Universities and Research Institutes)
- Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek (EZB)
- EuroPub Database
- Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
- Genamics JournalSeek
- Google Scholar
- Harvard Library
- IBZ Online
- Norwegian Centre for Research Data (NSD)
- Open J-Gate
- PKP Open Archives Harvester
- Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB)
- The Keepers Registry
- UCR Library
- Universe Digital Library
- ZBW-German National Library of Economics
- Zeitschriften daten bank (ZDB)
- Kevin DuranEditorial Assistant