Organizational Citizenship Behavior and Impacts on Knowledge Sharing: An Empirical Study
- Hasan Ali Al-Zu’bi
Purpose –This study attempted to examine the Influence of Organizational Citizenship Behavior by five dimensions: (altruism, courtesy, sportsmanship, conscientiousness, and civic virtue) on Knowledge Sharing in the Jordanian business environment – Specifically in pharmaceutical industry companies.
Design/methodology/approach – For this purpose, a questionnaire was developed and distributed to (205) employees were selected from the population of pharmaceutical industry companies. Number of (193) questionnaires were returned, (4) were rejected due to incomplete responses and (189) responses which comprises (92 %) of the target sample.
Findings –The most important findings of the study reveled that dimensions of organizational citizenship behavior (respectively: Sportsmanship, Conscientiousness, and Altruism) had more impact on the knowledge sharing are.
Originality/value – The paper contributes to previous research by adding to existing knowledge regarding Knowledge Sharing. The paper makes key recommendations towards development of Citizenship organizational behavior in Jordanian pharmaceutical industry companies and consequently enhancing knowledge sharing.
- Academic Journals Database
- ANVUR (Italian National Agency for the Evaluation of Universities and Research Institutes)
- Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek (EZB)
- EuroPub Database
- Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
- Genamics JournalSeek
- Google Scholar
- Harvard Library
- IBZ Online
- Norwegian Centre for Research Data (NSD)
- Open J-Gate
- PKP Open Archives Harvester
- Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB)
- The Keepers Registry
- UCR Library
- Universe Digital Library
- ZBW-German National Library of Economics
- Zeitschriften daten bank (ZDB)
- Kevin DuranEditorial Assistant