Direct Block Predictor-Corrector Method for the Solution of General Fourth Order Odes
- Bola Olabode
- Alabi T. J.
AbstractThis article presented the direct block predictor-corrector method for solving general higher order initial value problems of ordinary differential equation. Method of collocation and interpolation of power series approximate solution was used to derive a continuous linear multistep method. Block method was later used to generate the non overlapping solution at selected grid points. The method developed, is self starting, consistent, symmetric, zero-stable and convergent. The performance of the new block method was tested with some fourth order initial value problems and it was found to compare favorably with the existing methods.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.
- Academic Journals Database
- Aerospace Database
- BASE (Bielefeld Academic Search Engine)
- Civil Engineering Abstracts
- Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek (EZB)
- Google Scholar
- Harvard Library
- Open J-Gate
- PKP Open Archives Harvester
- Standard Periodical Directory
- Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB)
- The Keepers Registry
- UCR Library
- Universe Digital Library
- Sophia WangEditorial Assistant