The Role of the Forensic Accountant in the Detection of Tax Fraud in Financial Statements: A Survey Study in the Jordanian Accounting and Auditing Offices and Firms
- Ola Mohammad Khersiat
AbstractThis study aims to emphasize the need for a forensic accountant to detect the manipulation of financial statements and combat tax fraud, and to identify the tax fraud-detecting means used by the forensic accountant in Jordan. To this end, the researcher prepared a questionnaire which was distributed among 125 forensic accountants working in Jordanian accounting and auditing firms. After analyzing and testing the hypotheses using SPSS, the following outcomes were drawn: The forensic accountant has the qualifications, expertise and skills to detect tax fraud in financial statements as well as detect the manipulation of financial statements figures.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.
- Directory of Research Journals Indexing
- Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
- Google Scholar
- Harvard Library
- Open J-Gate
- PKP Open Archives Harvester
- Standard Periodical Directory
- Universal Digital Library
- ZBW-German National Library of Economics
- Michael ZhangEditorial Assistant